There are multiple volunteer positions for every site and even virtual opportunities. You can find volunteer roles here
Family Weekend Volunteer FAQ’s
We are excited to have our previous coordinators back! We do want all past, present, and new volunteers to fill out the application. We are making some changes and want to start at the beginning with collecting all of the information using the application.
- Previous event planning experience is preferred, with the ability to work within a budget.
- Ability to follow the vision directive provided by LuMind IDSC with fidelity.
- Review and sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree to the requirements of working within a LuMind IDSC family weekend email address.
- Ability to work positively and professionally with other event volunteers and key staff.
- Flexibility and adaptability to navigate changes throughout the planning process are key for success.
- Connection to, or interest in, the local Down syndrome community.
- Pass a required background check.
There will be an orientation for all volunteers and training for site coordinators. The Director of Community programs will also be doing periodic check-ins with volunteers.
Yes, each volunteer will have to complete a background check
- Site Co-coordinator
- Virtual Volunteer
- Dance Party Volunteer
- Family Weekend Registration Volunteer
- Fundraising and Sponsorship Volunteer
No, unfortunately for the 2024 Family Weekend we are only able to offer the new incentive of free rooms to our Site Coordinators, unless you earn a free night with our fundraising incentives and rewards
You can expect a dedicated volunteer coordinator that will provide training, act as a liaison between the organization and the volunteers, and offer resources and troubleshooting.
The Community engagement team is creating policy and procedures to handle site purchases and to account for any funds received at the local level. Once these systems are in place we will communicate those to the volunteers in training.
All funds raised for the 2024 Family Weekend will be collected and distributed equally among all of the locations. This will ensure that every family will have the same Family Weekend experience no matter which location they may choose.